The Miami-Dade Branch is proud to announce The Green Mile, the first USGBC 5k walk/run on the beautiful Miami Beach boardwalk!
Come out, run, walk and learn about the USGBC and how to build a sustainable environment!
Co-sponsored by our good friends at MiaGreen Expo & Conference and Whole Foods Market Coral Gables, snapshot details are:
- Date: February 2, 2013 | Setup at 7am - Run/Walk at 9am
- Location: Starting Point at Collins Park in Miami Beach (Collins Ave and 21st Street)
- Start: 9am at 22nd Street on the boardwalk and loop around at 44th Street and return to 22nd Street.
- Cost To Run: $15 Members; $25 to non-Members.
- What You Receive: Official Green Mile T-shirt, water and snacks, digital photo ... chance to meet all sorts of contacts and future friends!
Click here to include The Green Mile in your MiaGreen 2013 online pre-show registration. All proceeds to benefit the nonprofit USGBC South Florida Chapter's education programs and efforts to green the local community.
Please come out and walk, run or mosey ... and bring a friend! The more you get involved with the Branch's activities, the greater the wealth of contacts, resources and education that are available to you!
- Total CO2 emissions created by walking versus driving iwll be calculated to illustrate the importance of using alternative transportation.
- We will also have information on other mitigation efforts related to sustainable practices such as the use of washable bibs for the race numbers versus printing bibs, compostible cups, signage made from recycled/renewable resources, the use of digital media versus traditional print media ... and more.
This event is not an officially timed event, unlike other corporate runs.
Our sincere thanks is extended to MiaGreen Expo & Conference, Whole Foods Market Coral Gables, OBMI, Ernst & Young and Everblue for their sponsorship of The Green Mile. To learn more about sponsorship opportunities with The Green Mile or other Miami-Dade Branch programs, read on ...
As a sponsor of one of our monthly education programs, you have direct face-time with like-minded professionals and individuals who share your interest in sustainability and green building. Program sponsorship is generally only $400 and the return on investment is outstanding, from email blasts to 4,000+ Chapter Members and Friends that include your logo and links to your website to significant promotion here on this calendar page and time at the program to talk about your company ... and more!
Contact Stephen Chang, Denaye Hinds or Lee Cooke if you:
- Are interested in sponsoring this month's or future programs and receiving some of the best marketing exposure available in South Florida
- Have any questions regarding the Broward Branch or this month's program.
- Would like to participate in future presentations.
- Want to have a wonderful experience as a member of our volunteer family.
We look forward to seeing you at The Green Mile!